Friday, February 13, 2009

Da'Mes Appointed To The Planning Commission

I am honored to announce that MuAwia Da'Mes has been appointed to the HarrisonburgCity Planning Commission by the new city council.

MuAwia is a tireless worker who impressed so many this past election cycle workingfor Sam Rasoul For Congress and other candidates. Some of you may only know me because of this young man with four kids. MuAwia wrote to me:

"As you know, my disposition is to become completely committed to what I get involvedin without any intention of personal gain. I can only hope to live up to the expectationsafforded me by Council's selection as its my understanding they had 8 requests forconsideration with only two openings and they took extra steps in the vetting processby interviewing the candidates, most of which were highly qualified and whom I respectand know for their community activism. As you can imagine their selection was humblingand I consider it an honor."

MuAwia's parents immigrated from Palestine many decades ago and he has grown up in Harrisonburg. A special thanks to his loving wife, Heather, who allows him togive so much back to his community.

Best of luck to MuAwia and look out in years to come for him to make a strong impactin the Valley.

No comments: